Photo by: Richie Buxo / Splash News Online
Guy Ritchie: My Marriage to Madonna Is Fine

All's well with the marriage of Guy Ritchie and Madonna, the film director tells PEOPLE – "as far as I'm aware of," he added with a smile.

A relaxed and cheerful Ritchie, 39, joined the cast of his upcoming directorial effort RocknRolla on Thursday afternoon at the San Diego International Comic-Con.

Joined by his film's costars Gerard Butler, Jeremy Piven and Chris "Ludacris" Bridges to show scenes and sign autographs, Ritchie also spoke about how being married to the pop icon – whom he referenced only as "my wife" – had allowed him to look at his hometown of London with fresh eyes.

"I was born there and I've seen it change and I know a great deal about it, I'm invested," the director said. "I live vicariously through my wife, so I was once a spy and now I've become a tourist, and it's much more fun to live in London as a tourist than it is as a spy."

He further observed, "Someone told me the definition was a spy always looks for the bad stuff, and a tourist always looks for the good stuff. So that makes it easy, being married to an American."

After spending time with Madonna, 49, in New York City – where the two faced intense speculation about the status of their marriage and she is rehearsing for her upcoming Sticky & Sweet tour – Ritchie headed to Los Angeles. There, he attended Kabbalah services and dined with Robert Downey Jr., who's set to star as Sherlock Holmes in a movie Ritchie will direct.

by People.